Choose ONE topic from the list below and post an original comment. After your original comment is made, reply to two students who have made a comment on any of the topics.
Prior to engaging in this forum, read and reflect on required and/or recommended course content for weeks 1 – 3. (Chapter 1 – 3 content, articles and videos)
Topic A: Leadership Characteristics
1) Leadership Importance: Why do you think leadership is important?
2) Leadership Characteristics: What, in your opinion, are the top five characteristics (please rank them 1 through 5) of an effective leader? Do you think that your ranking of the top five leadership qualities would change for leaders in different circumstances? Why or why not? (Illustrate your answer with examples).
Topic B: Leadership Traits & Ethics
1) Leadership Ethics: In the discussed ethical leadership stances (pages 59-61) which one do think is better and why? Do you believe that leaders should be held up to a higher standard of ethicality than their followers? Why or why not? (Illustrate with examples).
2) Big Five Model of Personality: Take any modern day leader from politics or business and asses that leader on how do you see the Big Five traits in them?
Topic C: Leadership Behavior & Motivation
1) The Motivation Process: (see Exhibit 3.5) Scenario: In this workplace, team members are not inspired; they are bored and not very productive. Please outline how the Leader can motivate individuals as well as the entire team. What will “drive” positive and spirited behavior; and how would you measure success?
2) Leadership Styles: Do you agree with the University of Michigan leadership style or the Ohio State university style OR do you think that there is need for a third approach? Why or why not? (Illustrate with examples).