For the final piece of your project, you will submit the Final PowerPoint Presentation. You will need to utilize ideas that convey the substance of your work and keep the presentation brief, informative, and professional in content. The Notes section of each slide is to be used as your narrative for the information presented; be sure to also provide a transition statement for moving onto the next slide.
PSY320 – Language Development in Young Children
Final PowerPoint Presentation
Due to Unit Discussion: 11:59 p.m. EST, Monday of Unit 8. Points: 100
For the final piece of your project, you will showcase your research by sharing a PowerPoint presentation with your classmates. You will need to utilize ideas that convey the substance of your paper and keep the presentation brief, informative, and professional in content. The Notes section of each slide is to be used as your narrative for the information presented; be sure to also provide a transition statement for moving onto the next slide. You will post your PowerPoint presentation in a Unit 8 Discussion Board by 11:59 p.m. EST. MONDAY of Unit 8; then, you will also submit your final presentation to the Unit 8 assignment submission link.
• The PowerPoint presentation will present the major findings of your research paper to the class.
• Must consist of 8-10 slides, including a title slide formatted in accordance with APA guidelines.
• Each slide will provide succinct points of the key information that you wish to convey.
• Use the Notes section to elaborate on the information presented in each slide. The Notes section is your narrative for the presentation.
• Organize your slides to cover these key topics: o Definition/description of the disorder o One or more videos to illustrate the disorder o Assessments o Interventions and instructional strategies o Treatment options o Recommendations
• During the remainder of the week you will be reviewing your classmate’s hard work. For the discussion board, you are required to respond to two of your classmates’ presentations. Your responses to your peers must include:
o An explanation of what you found to be most interesting in their presentation.
o New knowledge you have gained from the presentation. o A question the presenter can answer that might further inform you and
your classmates. o Response to the questions you received on your presentation to the
best of your knowledge.
Needs Improvement Proficient
0 – 14 Points 15 -17 Points 18-20 Points
The slides do not address elements of the assignment in any meaningful way. There is little to no evidence of critical thinking and research.
The slides mostly address all elements of the assignment in a clear manner. There is some evidence of critical thinking and research.
The slides clearly address all elements of the assignment in a thorough and detailed manner. There is evidence of critical thinking and research.
There is no consistent or logical flow to the information or presentation.
The slides present information in a logical sequence which audience can follow but may need to improve flow from one topic to the other.
The slides present information in a logical, interesting sequence which audience can follow. Topics flow from one to the other with good transitions.
The Notes section was scarce / empty.
The Notes section contains some supporting note and statistics.
The Notes section is complete with robust and meaningful supporting notes and statistics.
Overall, the slides and supporting notes are not presented in a clear, succinct manner. Slides may be crammed full or missing information.
Overall, the slides and supporting notes are good and presented in a somewhat professional manner but may lack details or clarity.
Overall, the slides and supporting notes are professional and presented in a succinct and effective manner.
0 - 5 Points 6 - 8 Points 9 - 10 Points
Preparation and Development
Slides demonstrate little or no advance preparation.
Slides demonstrate there was some preparation.
Slides demonstrate there was thorough preparation.
Grammar and References
The slides have errors that impede professional presentation; APA guidelines are not followed.
The slides exhibit good use of grammatical elements and APA citation methods.
The slides exhibit skilled use of grammatical elements and APA citation methods.
Evaluation Rubric for Final PowerPoint Presentation Assignment