The federal and state governments are the largest payers of health care services in the United States. The largest federal programs are the Medicare and Medicaid services.
Using the information from the textbooks, lectures, and Internet resources, provide a brief summary of Medicare and Medicaid services in a Microsoft Word document. To get up-to-date information on the programs, review the information shared on the following websites:
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- The Social Security Administration
In your summary, include the following points:
- An overview of the different Medicare and Medicaid services
- The population covered under Medicare and Medicaid services
- The services of long-term care covered under Medicare and Medicaid, including the restrictions placed on them
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Your assignment should be addressed in a 2- to 3-page document.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.