In a Web log post on Bloomberg.com, Robert Kapito (2013, September 10) stated, “Emerging markets offer good long-term buying opportunities as economies globally improve” (para. 1). This is only one opportunity with emerging markets. There are more, but with every opportunity also comes risks and challenges. This assignment will help you understand the full benefits and risks when learning about emerging markets.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and your module readings, identify at least three of the greatest opportunities occurring with emerging markets. Explain the following:
- Why are these important?
- How do these opportunities impact America or do they?
- What are the main three risks and challenges with emerging markets?
- Why are these considered risks and challenges?
Write your initial response in a minimum of 200–300 words. Apply APA standards to the citation of sources.
By the due date assigned, post your responses to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, comment on at least two of your peers’ responses.
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read all posts from your peers.
- Respond to feedback on your post and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Provide substantive comments by contributing new, relevant information or quotes from course reading, academic and trade journals, company Web sites, or other sources; building on the remarks or questions of others; or sharing practical examples of key concepts from your experiences, professional or personal.
- Make sure your writing is clear, concise, and organized; demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
DTS Systems. (2016). Emerging market investments - New opportunities to diversify. Retrieved from https://us.axa.com/axa-products/investment-strategies/articles/emerging-market-investments.html
Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsQuality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions16Quality of responses to classmates12Frequency of responses to classmates4Reference to supporting readings and other materials4Language and grammar4Total:40