This assignment is being introduced in this module but it will not be due until NEXT week.
Using the SDH worksheet assignment from this module, choose ONE of the social determinants of health you identified as being important to your community. Discuss how you know it is an issue (cite your sources). Discuss how you think healthcare workers should address this issue at a community level. Include available community resources in your discussion.
The body of this assignement should be around 400-500 words, not including the cover page or the reference page.
This should be an APA formatted assignment. Turnitin will be used to check for plagiarism. See attached rubric for grading criteria.APANo plagirism SocialDeterminants of Health Work Sheet
Type your response inside the box. If your information came from another source, include an in-text citation and place the full citation on the Reference List at the end of the document.
1. What is the zip code and name of the geographic area you are reviewing? (no citation needed)
2. Which determinants affect the largest number of people in your community? Must fill in all 3 areas. (See Table 3.1 Applying Assessment Methods to Different Types of Social determinants, page 46 in the CDC workbook https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dch/programs/healthycommunitiesprogram/tools/pdf/sdoh-workbook .)
3. Which social determinants identified in Question 2 do you think are most important to your community?
4. Why are these determinants important to your community?
5. Which of these social determinants have the greatest positive or negative impact on the health of the community? Why and how do they impact the community? (Be specific – look at community or area websites for data.)
6. Which determinants are easiest to change, and why?
7. What other groups (that currently work in that area) can help you make changes to this problem?
8. What is the expertise of those groups? (For example, if you choose American Heart Association – what information is on their website that shows how they can help the community in question. Do they have offices in that community?)
9. What are the barriers to addressing these determinants in your community?
10. Other than the groups listed in Q7, what other resources are available in your community to address these determinants?