There is no specific style for a case study. The type of essay or paper you are writing, as well as the source material, will determine how you cite a case study, as is known by our expert writing service. For citing from various sources, different writing styles, such as APA, MLA, etc., have their own rules. Case studies can be found in books, journals, websites, and other publications. For instance, if the writing material for your case study writing paper was found in a book and your writing style was Harvard, you would need to cite the book in Harvard style while making sure t
your paper for you
Indicate the location of the case study within the book.
Case Study Citation in APA
The APA format is the same for referencing a case study as it is for citing a quote, paragraph, chapter, etc. You can use the example of an APA case study citation provided below as a template.
Author(s). (Year). The case study’s name. No. Case study number. Publisher: City, State abbreviation, or nation of publishing.
- Following the author’s surname are the first name’s initials.
- If more than one, list the writers.
If there are two writers, use an ampersand to divide their names
- This is enclosed in parenthesis.
- Unless specifically required, avoid mentioning the month or day of publication.
Case study’s name
- Give it a formal name.
- Italicize the title.
- Regardless of how strange it may look, include any punctuation that appears in the title.
No of case study
- Incorporate any numbers or codes that can aid individuals in recognizing the study.
Town, State, and Country
- Include the publication’s publisher’s name, city, state, or nation.
- Name the publisher.
- Add a colon before it.
Here is an illustration of how it should appear:
Booth, S. (2008). No. 7-806-122: Eating Pickles With Jam. Penguin Publishing, Boston, Massachusetts.
Case Study MLA Citation Instructions
A case study does not have a specific format for reference; you must cite it according to where you found it. If you locate it in a book, quote it just like a paragraph or chapter from the same book. Here is a sample MLA citation for a case study.
Author(s). Case’s name Subject Case, City, Publisher, Date, Format (Print)
Author(s). Case’s name Subject Case, City, Publisher, Date, Format (Web) Date that you accessed the data
You also need to record the date you accessed the information online, as you can see from the internet version. The publishing date is acceptable, but since websites are frequently updated, what you see now might not be the same as what it was when you first accessed the material. Just keep in mind that you should only record the date you viewed the data, not the date it was really published.
A word of caution: Students who replicate someone else’s work word for word frequently get discovered because they leave the “Date Accessed” part identical to the original. The same is true for students who claim to have finished a project months ago, but the “Date Accessed” dates were yesterday, and they get caught out.
- First name last
- Add the author’s complete first name after a comma.
- After the person’s first name, follow it with the initials of any middle names (Last Name), (First Name) (Initials of Middle Name)
- If there are multiple authors, list them all.
- If there are two writers, use “And” to divide their names.
Name of the case study
Give it a proper name.
Even if it seems strange, include any punctuation that appears within the title.
Make a note of the case study’s type.
Perhaps it is a business case, a medical case, or something else.
Ask your professor for advice on how to write your subject case publication.
Identify the publisher.
- Date should be given with day number first.
- The month is next, written as a word.
- Third, the year is represented by a number.
- If you discovered it through printed or electronic media, indicate “Print” or “Web.”
- In the absence of specific instructions, treat the online library at your college as if it were print.
Date of Access
- Remember the time you directly obtained the source material by writing it down.
- Specifically relevant to online sources
Here is an illustration of how your MLA citation ought to appear:
Danny B., Kimberly Matte, and Wolfie. The Nasty Habits Of Jam Eaters. social science case study London. 2019 Pearl Publishing Web. Date Visited: March 15, 2019.
Case Study Citation Format
It takes time to correctly cite sources. It is most likely one of the most unpleasant aspects of writing an essay. Contact Assignment essays if you are tired of being overwhelmed by the details of how to reference a case study. They have writers with advanced degrees who will meet any deadline you set. They don’t use plagiarism or rewriting, and they provide original writings that you may submit as your own. The group is ready to assist in easing some of the anxiety and tension that come with writing too many essays.