Benchmark Paper: Developmental Analysis Assignment Instructions
The purpose of this paper is for you to demonstrate your ability to apply a working knowledge of the theories, terminology, and concepts of human growth and development. You will discuss your own development over your lifetime and how it relates to the developmental concepts discussed throughout this course. You will analyze your life as it relates to the key aspects of human growth and development. What are key developmental times in your life and the influencing factors that led to who you are today?
You will incorporate your empirical studies related to your chosen developmental aspect of your life. Also, use the course readings or presentations to support what you propose about your own development in your paper. Depending on your life and the influences, there may be more attention placed during one period of time. You are encouraged to glean information from your mother about her pregnancy with you to see if there were any notable issues during that time. Remember to include your spiritual development with applicable research.
· The body of the paper must be 8–10 pages
· Excluding the title page, abstract, and reference page
· Please adhere to current APA format.
· You must include 8–10 peer-reviewed, relevant sources in your paper.
· At least 7 of the sources must be empirical articles.
· The sources must be less than 10 years old unless any of the citations are linked to an author whose work is seminal to your topic.
In addition, obtain as much information as you can about any significant events in your early childhood years. How did you do in those key developmental years? Did you approach all developmental milestones with ease, or were there challenges? Since this is a comprehensive paper, you will address your development across your lifespan.
Finally, you will conclude your paper by addressing any current lifestyle behaviors that may influence your aging process. You will address these issues, how they will affect your aging process, and what you plan to do about it. Your conclusion must offer suggestions for further study.
Note: Submit your paper in the course and in Tevera/LiveText:
· If you are a School Counseling student, please submit to LiveText.
· If you are a Clinical Mental Health/Professional Counseling student, please submit to Tevera.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.