Students will develop a disability/activity awareness project. Students will create detailed information about a specific disability(ADHD) and ways sport activities can be modified to accommodate the disabilities.
Details will include: characteristics (cognitive, affective, psychomotor) of the disability, the implications for teaching and teaching strategies that best serve our students. Include other pertinent information and links to resources on the web (at least 5 well-checked websites)
include “technology” components where appropriate, and emphasize sample activities that can be used by physical educators either as modifications or in direct application with the targeted special population.
The key elements that
be addressed include:
· Characteristics (cognitive, affective, psychomotor) of the disability,
· Sport modifications for your specific Disability
· Implications for teaching and teaching strategies,
· Photos, videos, etc. that can enhance your presentation
· Links to resources on the web.