Early Childhood: Project Assignment Instructions
For this assignment, you will showcase practical classroom applications that could be used in the early childhood setting for the project option you selected in the
Early Childhood: Plan Assignment. You will support your assertions in this project with the scholarly sources, course textbook, NAEYC standards, and any other sources you identified in your plan or used in your presentation. This assignment has two components: a PowerPoint presentation and a formal paper.
Part I – PowerPoint Presentation
Create a PowerPoint presentation that thoroughly addresses each of the below requirements for the project option you have chosen. Each of the resources you identified in your
Early Childhood: Plan Assignment (at least five or more), including the NAEYC Standards, and any additional sources used, should be referenced with in-text citations within the body of the presentation and on a references slide at the end. Include a title slide and a slide for the presentation’s conclusion. The presentation must be organized and well-constructed, with proper formatting throughout according to current APA guidelines. Incorporate creative elements into your presentation, utilizing best practices for a quality and engaging presentation.
Requirements for Each Project Option:
· As an early childhood professional, you will need to make decisions on what to teach and how to teach it. Using your imagination, describe in detail your early childhood classroom setting.
· Choose either the Montessori, High Scope, Reggio Emilia, Bank Street, Howard Gardner, or Creative Curriculum program and thoroughly explain how you would implement this program type/curriculum in your classroom.
· As a Christian educator, detail how you would incorporate Biblical knowledge, Christian principles, or character development into your program.
· Highlight the unique aspects and some specific activities of the program you would include in your program.
· Include thoughtful consideration of how children with special needs would adapt to your program choice.
· For the five multicultural children’s books you selected in your plan, detail how you would use these materials to promote awareness and acceptance throughout the entire curricular year.
· Design and include at least one application activity and one Biblical integration for each book.
· Develop and exhibit a family involvement calendar for your preschool program.
· Write and explain the objectives for the program.
· Develop at least one specific activity each month that will involve families and provide services to them with a biblical principle tied into each month’s activity. Devote one slide per month.
· Include a detailed plan of how you might involve fathers, language-minority families, and families of children with disabilities.
· For the age group and theme you have chosen, and using the children’s book you have selected (published within the last seven years), prepare and present activities for each of the following areas: Math, Language Arts, Science, physical activity, Bible, Music, and Art. Each activity must relate to the children’s book selected.
· Include how you will adapt each activity for children with special needs.
Part II – Paper
Compose an in-depth written summary of why you selected the project option you chose and how it relates to an early childhood classroom. Ensure all sources are referenced with in-text citations and on the references page. Include your chosen scholarly sources, course textbook, NAEYC standards, and any other sources you identified in your plan and/or used in your presentation.
Your paper must have a body of work of at least three pages with additional pages for the title page and references page. Adherence to all current APA guidelines is expected.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.
Page 1 of 2